Low Impact Living – Home is Where the Heat Is
Timber frame systems have the lowest embodied CO² of any commercially available construction material, while delivering up to a 33% reduction in energy consumption for large detached houses and up to 20% for apartments.
Insulshell technology significantly contributes towards achieving PassivHaus thermal performance levels as well as the Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM credit scores.
Choosing Insulshell means you will achieve a faster construction time plus a higher Code for Sustainable Homes Level due to the optimised insulation, reduced cold bridging and improved airtightness our system offers. As well as benefitting the contractor, Insulshell delivers an improved and fresher environment for future building occupants.
Health and safety is at the forefront of the continuing development of the Insulshell large format closed panel structural timber system. Its manufacture in a factory controlled environment means the advanced 60 minute fire rating protection is carried out with a minimum of fuss at the point of installation.
The design flexibility of the system allows residential developers to deliver a full structural envelope or individual elements such as a ‘room in the roof’ solution offered via our Insulroof.
Practical Advantages for the Residential Housing Sector
Insulshell is simple to construct and install and features multiple benefits over alternative construction methods, including:
- Reduced construction time
- Significant cost savings
- Construction phase is not weather dependent
- Less onsite waste
- Predictable programme for follow-on trades
- Improved dimensional accuracy of an engineered product
- Better health and safety through reduced onsite activity
- Minimum 60 minute fire rating carried out at the point of installation
- Exceeds Part E Acoustic Requirements
- Environmentally friendly construction method
- Effectively insulated to reduce on-going energy costs
- Fabric First approach to deliver cost-effective levels of energy efficiency
- Improved ‘whole life’ building performance
- Faster financial return on investment
Insulshell can be installed on all foundation types, however we recommend the use of our Insulslab system, where appropriate, as this has a complimentary high thermal performance and is manufactured to the same quality as our other systems.
Where below ground or basement construction is being considered Insulwall can be used to achieve a thermally efficient, structural and highly cost-effective solution.