Insulshell’s core objective is to deliver cost effective, fire rated and highly insulated structural timber panel systems, with a performance to compete with and exceed the best industry standards. With constant investment in research and development, we are setting new industry benchmarks for sustainability, speed, precision engineering and site safety. By taking a custom-built approach to each project, we can deliver the ultimate large-format structural timber solution underpinned by value-engineering to meet your required performance standards.
A distinguishing feature of our business, is our approach to project and supply-chain management together with our readiness to lead on value engineering solutions ensuring our clients receive ‘best value’ at all times.
A key goal is to deliver the next generation of fire rated, highly thermally efficient, large format closed panel structural timber systems. By using a Fabric First approach, our objective is to meet and potentially exceed the specifications demanded by designers and architects with innovations such as our patented Insulshell interlocking panel joint system that is geared towards optimising airtightness.
To prove the durability, fire and structural performance of our panels, a comprehensive programme of testing was commissioned and undertaken by UKAS accredited third parties and the results independently support our claims for the system’s structural, acoustic and fire performance level.
Insulshell Versus Traditional/Alternative Methods of Construction
- Minimum 60 minute fire rating from factory construction that provides enhanced protection during site construction
- Full height panels available up to 20m
- Excellent airtightness resulting in less than 1m3/hr/m² @ 50Pa recorded
- Able to achieve PassivHaus thermal performance
- Significant contribution to Code for Sustainable Homes and BREEAM Credit Scores
- Exceeds Part E Acoustic Requirements
- Versatile design to suit residential, education, health, retail and specialist sectors
- Faster, efficient and more cost effective construction solutions, as no scaffolding is required
- Pre-glazed, pre-clad factory finished options available for speed of construction
- Offsite manufactured built-in quality assurance
- Reduced manual handling requiring less onsite operatives
- Less onsite waste disposal, therefore reducing construction costs
- High levels of occupant comfort